The latest addition to our skin perfection programme is sk.in avenge, a range of potent super-serums formulated to take your skincare regime to the next level. Dr Alek unpacks the concept behind avenge, how it breaks through the skin’s ‘plateau effect’ and boosts the effect of active ingredients in almost any daily skincare routine.
What’s the inspiration behind sk.in avenge?
sk.in is all about skincare ingredients. Our mission is to provide you with effective skincare products containing powerful, prescription-grade active ingredients that target specific skin concerns – such as acne, ageing, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles – and also correct the health and hydration of the skin barrier.
sk.in avenge takes the ‘superhero’ active ingredients found in our daily serums – like HPR and hyaluronic acid – to even higher concentrations. They are designed to be used as once or twice a week only, as at-home overnight ‘treatments’ that will boost the impact of active ingredients in almost any skincare routine. sk.in avenge HPR can also be used to enhance the results from professional needling treatments, at a medical aesthetic practice or salon.
In keeping with our commitment to sustainable beauty , sk.in avenge is vegan, cruelty-free and is packaged in recyclable glass bottles.
what’s exciting about avenge?
sk.in avenge stimulates cellular regeneration and causes spikes of collagen and elastin production.
Research has demonstrated a plateau effect after using active ingredients on the skin for some time – usually around 9 to 12 months. Whilst the benefit from using actives will be maintained, the skin begins to respond with less intensity.
By introducing sk.in avenge once or twice a week, you can blast through the plateau, stimulating a spike in cellular regeneration and boosting collagen and elastin production to rejuvenate and awaken your skin. This in turn increases the effect of our daily serums (or other active products).
For professionals – skincare therapists and medical aesthetic doctors – sk.in avenge HPR is a high concentration retinol-based serum, ideal to boost the impact of needling treatments. It’s available with increased levels of granactive retinol (HPR) – 3%, 4% and 5% – allowing for improved effects on fine lines and wrinkles, textured skin, pores, collagen and elastin stimulation and lightening of hyperpigmentation but with fewer side effects than could be seen with retinol and other vitamin A ingredients.
how is avenge different?
sk.in avenge is a range of ‘super-serums’ designed as at-home treatments, applied once or twice a week at most, unlike our sk.in serums that are indicated for daily / more regular use.
avenge has even higher concentrations of active ingredients to maximize stimulation of the skin and enhance the effect of other actives. It’s a powerful addition to any daily skincare regime (cleanse, serum, moisturise, SPF).
where did the concept originate?
The concept originated from my personal skincare regime and from speaking to patients. There was interest from skincare ‘buffs’ in almost ‘professional’ products they could apply in a safe manner at home.
Using serums gives great results in targeting specific skin concerns and improving the health of the skin barrier, but with long-term use a plateau effect will be reached. My idea was to add extremely high concentrations of active ingredients to give the skin a boost in activity and results that can be achieved.
The concept also stemmed from working on formulations to be used during Dermapen and professional needling treatments.
who is avenge for?
- Anyone already using a serum and who wants to see added skin benefits
- Anyone following a basic skin regime and wanting to add a ‘serum’ once or twice weekly
- Skincare professionals who would like to enhance the effect their patients achieve with needling treatments
sk.in avenge glyco-10 is for anyone wanting to exfoliate and stimulate the skin. It is suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It’s also excellent to use in conjunction with sk.in avenge HPR and other sk.in serums as it acts as an at-home chemical peel which allows deeper penetration of active ingredients.
why 3 types of sk.in avenge HPR?
- sk.in avenge HPR is available in 3 strengths of granactive retinol – 3%, 4% and 5% – to allow for a gradual progression. Start with the lowest concentration strength first (3%) and slowly move you way up to the higher concentrations.
- Apply once or twice a week at most, at night, after cleansing and drying the sk.in.
- Use as a targeted treatment by applying to a specific problem area or use as a full face and neck treatment.
- Always use a sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide during the day while using this product.
How do you get the best results?
- Best results will be achieved with a two-pronged approach – exfoliating and then stimulating the skin with active ingredients. First apply avenge glyco-10 as an at-home peel to exfoliate and stimulate new cell production. Secondly apply avenge HPR which will further stimulate the skin, reduce pore size and sebum production, increase hydration and collagen production, as well as improve fine lines and wrinkles.
is avenge safe to use with other serums?
Yes, avenge is designed to be used in conjunction with sk.in serums, according to the instructions provided. If using avenge as a spot treatment, your regular serum can be applied over it. If using as a full face treatment, don’t apply other serums that night.
when is the best time to use avenge?
sk.in avenge is designed for overnight use. Simply cleanse and dry your skin, apply avenge and allow it to be absorbed before applying your usual night-time moisturiser. From a seasonal perspective, sk.in avenge is suitable to use throughout the year. Winter months are an ideal opportunity to up your skincare game and get your complexion spring and summer ready – clear, glowing and smooth.